Wednesday, July 18, 2007

welcome Design Team

You should all be recieving email invitations to join as authors of this blog. once everyone has joined i will change it to an "authors only" viewing so that we can discuss next year's connect on a more frequent basis. please check regularly. i will post updates on speakers, themes, etc. you can post as well.

Mark your calendars for next face-to-face meeting in Atlanta from 1pm until 3pm. more details to come.

peace
deb

9 comments:

Paulette West said...

Deb,
You go girl. I don't usually blog; but for you and UMVIM, I'll try anything.
Best

Anonymous said...

I'm here, too. Thanks for setting this up! Vicki

Anonymous said...

Well, as a college student I would say I'm definitely glad to be able to contribute!

nancyrobinson said...

This is a great idea,

All is well in Virginia...will arrive in Atlanta the beginning of August...though we have our boxes there and Kip is living simply until I arrive...completed my work in Williamsburg on Friday. Now for some downtime for two weeks with family here before moving.

I really enjoyed meeting all of you this summer...thanks for the warm welcome!

Melissa Smith said...

Deb,
I'm excited about working with everyone on Connect '08. Thanks for the invite!
Melissa Smith

Rob said...

It has taken me a bit to figure out how to get signed on but I think that this is a great vehicle for planning. I will be calling my youth ministry contact person about the prospect of guiding the Youth aspect. will let you know what i find out.

Anonymous said...

Deb...thanks for setting up this blog; like Paulette, I usually don't blog, but blogging could save us some time and keep the ideas flowing.

One suggestion for a speaker -- Rev. Larry Jent, from Virginia Conference. He's half Cherokee (I think) and half Irish, which makes him a very funny, and extremely effective, speaker. His message is usually Native American inspired, punctuated with some of his own Native American music (he has three CD's out). His wife is very sick and he may not want to come, but he's good.

Anonymous said...

Deb,

Thanks for seeting this up! I think this is such a wonderful idea and a great idea to discuss Connect!

Monica

Anonymous said...

Deb,
I thought I had responded earlier. Sorry. Great way for us to communicate.
Do we have ideas for a theme for next year's Connect?
See you in October.
Daphne